Martes, Marso 13, 2012

Rights of a ward vs a legally adopted


#15 ROSALINDA O. | August 17, 2010
I have read the Philippine laws of inheritance in your page.I am currently residing in California and I was informed that the house and lot owned by my first cousin(our degree of blood relationship)was sold by her husband before he died in 2009 to his sister.I was adopted or reared by my first cousin when I was one and a half years old without any documents to prove I was brought up by her but all our neighbors and her co-teachers can testify to the truth that I grew up with her and considered me as her daughter.When my cousin was still alive she always tell me verbally in the presence of her husband that the property will be mine without living any will. When It was foreclosed I helped my cousin to get it back from Pagibig by giving her the money she needs.They don't have any children. Now my cousin died and her husband sold it to his sister before this husband died. I want to get back the property since it is not conjugal, it was purchased by my cousin when she was still single.I want to claim and get it as a sole heir. I want to file a case against her but some younger lawyers tells me I have no win in this case.I want to get it back because the husband did not have any contribution in the said property nor in the building of the house.Can I get it back by filing a case or should I buy it from the new owner which I can't really believe she deserves to own it.It is not a conjugal property the husband just married my cousin for security purposes since my cousin is ten years or more older than the husband. Please email me as soon as possible because I want to file a case against this new owner. Thank you.

Sagot:
Ayon sa iyong salaysay, ikaw ay pinalaki ng iyong pinsan. Walang formal na adoption na nangyari para ikaw ay maging anak niya.  Ipinaalam lang sa madla na ikaw ay kanyang itinuturing na anak.

Ayon din sa iyo, ikaw ay nagbigay ng pera sa pinsan na nagpalaki sa iyo para matubos ito sa Pag-ibig nang ito ay maremata.  Subalit ng namatay ang asawa ng pinsan mo, kanyang ibinenta ito sa kanyang kapatid bago siya namatay.

Dahil namatay na ang asawa ng pinsan mong umampon sa iyo, hindi mo na siya masingil doon sa perang ibinigay mo sa iyong pinsan para tubusin ang pagkasangla sa Pag-ibig.

Ayon sa batas, ang taong hindi inampon sa pamamagitan ng desisyon ng korte ay walang karapatan sa naiwang kayamanan nito.  Ayon din sa batas, ang asawang lalaki ay maging tagapagmana ng asawang babae na naunang namatay.

Sa iyong kaso, dahil hindi ka legally adopted ng pinsan mo wala kang karapatan sa kanyang naiwang kayamanan.  Kung namatay na rin ang mga magulang ng pinsan mo nang siya ay namatay, ang tanging tagapagmana niya ay ang kanyang asawa.

Ang tanging magagawa mo ay bilhin ang nasabing lupa kung payag ang bumili nito na ibenta sa iyo.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento