Martes, Disyembre 9, 2014

Emotional Pain Can Make You Change

 One day, I wanted to impress my girlfriend.
            Thankfully, I felt rich that day because I had P500 in my wallet.
So I invited her to eat in a nice restaurant.
            But a part of me still wondered if I really had enough money for the meal.
            I knew the restaurant's specialty was Crispy Pata or deep-fried pig's knuckles (Yep, I was still eating meat at that time). Quickly, I read the menu. It cost P150 only. Yes! I could afford it.
            I called the waiter and ordered Crispy Pata. With two cups of rice.
            To save money, I didn't order drinks. Thankfully, my girlfriend didn't order too. I smiled.  Things were going my way.
            At the end of our meal, the waiter brought in two little green bowls of Macapuno (sweetened coconut). So this was how it was in more expensive restaurants: They give free desserts!
            The waiter then gave me the bill.
            And that was when I felt like my soul jumped out my body for 10 seconds.
Because my bill was P561!
            With my heart racing, I called the waiter. I asked how my bill could be more than five hundred if I ordered only Crispy Pata worth P150?
            He showed me the menu again. He pointed out that it was P150 per 100 grams. With a smile on his face, he informed me that he served us 300 grams. Like he did me a favor!
So we ate a whopping P450 of Crispy Pata.
            And that wasn't the end of my trials. 
The waiter also pointed out that the Macapuno was P20 each. It wasn't free at all. So with the rice and the tax, the entire bill reached more than what I had in my wallet.
            So I did one of the most embarrassing things I ever did in my entire life—right up there with preaching with my zipper open. Sheepishly, I asked my girlfriend, "Uh, do you have money? I'm a little short…”
            Thankfully, she had a few pesos in her wallet.
            But both of us had nothing left for the waiter's tip.
            With my head bowed down, I walked out of the restaurant as fast as I could.
            Friends, this happened a long time ago. 
But I can never forget how this embarrassing experience gave me a wild fantasy. It may not be wild for you, but it was absolutely wild for me: I fantasized of a time when I had so much money, I could enter into any restaurant I wanted to, and order anything I wanted to—without even looking at the prices on the menu!
Call me silly. Call me juvenile. Call me crazy. But experiences like these were painful enough, they fueled my desire to become wealthy.
           
Write Down Your Emotional Why

            Think deeply.
            Why do you want to become a happy millionaire?
            Write down the reasons below.

"I will earn ­                   by                              .”
                       (Amount)                  (Date)

Here are my Emotional Whys for wanting to be a happy millionaire:






            Next, we work on your beliefs…


            May your dreams come true,

            Bo Sanchez

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento